I generally don't think I am a dumb person or lack any common sense. My sister has always been the one a little slower in that department (i.e. when she told her counselor at camp a few years ago she had "selective hearing" and thought it was an actual disease) but this kind of takes the cake.
So I went to an ENT today because I have been having tremendous headaches for the past two weeks and a week ago the pain and pressure moved to the insides of my ears... which was a little worrisome, since I didn't have any signs of a sinus infection. Basically I am fine but it might be due to allergies so I have to start taking more meds on top of my pre-existing allergy meds. ANYWAY, NOT THE POINT. He asks me if I know how to pop my nose and says to plug my nose, and to then press my ear. Apparently he meant try to blow out through my nose to pop them like you do on an airplane, but when he said the word "press" I thought he meant stick my finger inside my ear and actually press on it...
Doctor's reaction: "Well, THAT was a first..."
Needless to say, I am probably the office joke of today, tomorrow, and the day after that if they are open weekends.
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yeah, i'd agree with you for sure on that.
We all have moments like that, sweetie, don't worry :)
At least you didn't think Ren's taxi-cab nosebleed joke was funny lol
Post a Comment