Thursday, October 25, 2007

Viva la Bald Man!

It's been some time since my last blog post, sorry about that!! I promise promise PROMISE I'm going to be writing in this thing a lot more. Not that it matters, since I doubt anyone actually reads this, but Google analytics might prove me wrong once I figure out how the hell it works.

I'm currently sitting in the living room area of my apartment-style dorm at NYU since my roommate is sleeping and I want to give her peace and quiet while I work. The weather is pretty shittastic today. I woke up and forgot to check the actual temperature so I walked outside with my friends Alex and Andy and it was fucking frigid. "This is shitty, I need a parka." Ohh how I am a hoot and a half.

So school is going pretty well. I love living in the city, even if I do sometimes wish for the suburban life a little. I miss driving around aimlessly in my car and watching tv in bed and cuddling my doggy and seeing all of my friends from high school. There have been substitutes, like walking around the village aimlessly, watching tv in our living room on our ugly couches, and cuddling boys. Nothing to replace my HS friends though. I've seen a lot of them a bunch throughout the first few months, but I have to wait until Thanksgiving for others and it just SUCKS.

What DOESN'T suck, however, is my new internship! I am working at Stolen Transmission as a graphic designer/website updater/whatever else they need-er. Ultragrrrl is the sickest boss ever. And I am pretty much in love with my fellow interns! We have started our own brigade, called InternPartySystem. We're going to be doing lots of cool contests whilst spreading the good name of ST's kickass music, plus we have our own blog and buzznet for posting about our daily adventures. Example of said adventures? Eating pizza ordered by none other than Bon Jovi last Friday. Sorry if this sounds pompous, cool shit like this just never happens to me.

BUT CHECK OUT INTERNPARTYSYSTEM AND ADD US AT THESE PLACES!!!
Buzznet: http://internpartysystem.buzznet.com
Blog: http://internpartysystem.blogspot.com
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/internpartysystem

And now I am going to debrief and step back from talking selfishly about my life to something else that has come up in the past 24 hours. My AP Literature teacher from last year, Dr. Gansrow, has been suspended by our school's administrators. There are rumors circulating as to why this happened, ranging in different levels of vast stupidity (i.e. he introduced a book with some racy scenes in it, he was deemed "mentally unstable" after someone sat in on one of his classes). You don't know how much this fucking upsets me. Actually, it's upsetting everyone in Jericho - there are groups galore on Facebook to preach against the injustice currently being brought down on this guy.

He is one of the less orthodox teachers at school, but it's in a positively unique way that he teaches us. He's butted heads with administration before over things like budgeting and rules the school has implemented the last few years, but this is totally coming out of left field. Everyone is shocked and disgusted. Dr. Gansrow was one of the teachers who made coming to school during my senior year, when I was going through a lot of personal shit including bouts of depression, actually BEARABLE. I couldn't leave that class without having laughed throughout at least half of it. It disturbs me that the school wants to deny the kids this awesome experience with such an astounding and original teacher.

I emailed him last night, and his response back almost made me cry. He seriously doesn't deserve the shit that they are putting him through right now. I'm going to email the administration later today after I am done with my classes. VIVA LA BALD MAN!

And just for kicks, a picture when we went to see Spamalot last year:


I am the delighted yellow blob on the right.

No comments: