HOLY CRAP. I am finding it hard to believe that they can finally render an image that looks like Dan Radcliffe for the new Harry Potter videogame, which will come out coinciding with the release of the Half Blood Prince film this November. They've got his terrible bushy eyebrows like....dead on. Fuck, I still need to get my tickets to see Equus for multiple nights so I can finally eye his dick. His "Firebolt", if you will. His wand.. his golden snitch. I could go all day, really.
My house is currently lacking any A/C, or whatever is left of it is barely pushing it. This sucks, as I'd like to go to sleep soon and I love being super cold when I'm falling asleep... oh, and I've also apparently got tendinitis in my left heel. Achilles tendinitis? I don't fucking know, that's what my doctor thinks and I'm going to take his word for it. It hurts when I put a lot of pressure on it trying to walk, and I'm taking Aleve which isn't getting rid of the pain entirely, but making it a lot easier to walk.
It's one thing after another with me lately. Seriously. I was supposed to have a pool party this past weekend, but I got food poisoning / a stomach virus and basically spent the majority of the weekend too sick to function. I've never thrown up like that in my LIFE. So instead, we are having the pool party on Saturday. They were predicting thunderstorms but now the day is looking mostly sunny and around 80 degrees. Loves it!! 19 People still need to RSVP though or imma cut a bitch...
Let me complain for a second. I am admittedly a sucker for Facebook - it makes keeping connected to people epically wonderful (especially people that you would otherwise very easily lose contact with if given other circumstance). It is also a massive time kill with the thousands of applications. There are times when I get carried away with Bumper Stickers or playing World Challenge and trying to beat my friends scores. I also like making Events on Facebook, since it's a lot easier than wasting time playing phone tag via text messages or actual calls trying to see who is going to show up. But one feature I cannot stand?
WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THEY'RE MAYBE COMING. This could mean they either have a really busy schedule and truly don't know, or they're just waiting to see if something better pans out. Or if they're truly spineless, they're waiting to see how many people they enjoy the company of are going to show. I still can't not take it personally, since it's particularly personal. One of my more recent friends, a guy named David who is a year younger and just decided he is going to NYU, told me he has two grad parties that day but still wants to stop by and say hello. And we literally JUST started hanging out. When someone you've just met is that genuine versus people you've known a long time and are trying to get in touch with...
I'm bitter, I guess, or just really lucky to have found someone so sweet to befriend. Ugh. My other guy friends are kind of douchebags as of late, which really really sucks. Minus a couple who are like my saving grace, and one who I may or may not still have a thing for and is currently far away trying to get laid by a Costa Rican tranny. It's all good though. I'm slowly beginning to find out who is really worth my time, and who I just need to permanently weed out (or make bare minimum time for). Ah, growing up.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment