Thursday, June 12, 2008

WTF GABBA GABBA?

I am in tears... today while I was babysitting my cousins, my aunts put on this show they taped (is that even the right way to say it now? it's like DVR'd or tiVo'd or whatever) called Yo Gabba Gabba. It's like the most batshit insane thing i've ever watched in my life. Basically the show is like one major acid trip with cute little monsters with all this techno music and weird interludes with kids dancing in front of green screen. It's also hosted by an anorexic black dude with giant black-rimmed hipster glasses and an orange jumpsuit. I asked my friend Molly what she thought and we decided it was basically telling kids to start shrooms at an early age.

Have a glimpse for yourself:


This guy teaches the kids "beats"....it's actually quite terrifying, but in a darling way, when he says "bye bye!":


Then there's this little gem of Elijah Wood on the show that i found while surfing YouTube...speechless doesn't really cover it:

1 comment:

Qi said...

Have you seen the "Party in my Tummy" video? HILARIOUS! The vegetables are so cute!