Saturday, August 16, 2008

OY VEY. HALLO.

I've attempted three times at LEAST to post in here since my last post in July, and none of them ever reached completion for some reason; may it be my severe lack of attention or just general absentmindedness, I am the ULTIMATE BLOGGING FAIL.  This will end up being a long post in a pitiful attempt of me summarizing the past few weeks and to talk about the upcoming ones, so bear with me while I try to bear with myself.

The summer has basically dwindled down to its last week for me, and I'm... kind of relieved, to be honest.  Most students wish that their vacation extends a few more weeks when they reach this point, but I am starting to get stir crazy doing the same shit over and over when I know the city is only so far away.  Something about this summer just seemed less exotic than last year... or, simply explained, we aren't going to be freshmen this year so there was a lack of that excitement over college looming a few short months away.  Really, that kept my friends and I on our toes and pushed us to go out and try to do more with each other, to beg us to make attempts to keep in contact with every last person who showed interest.  By now, we all know who the "thick and thin" friends are and don't even bother chasing the other ones down for plans, much less a lunch together one afternoon or a brief get-together at someone's house.

And speaking of friends, I really miss my ones from college.  I love them all but I honestly did not think I was so attached to them, but the past year has really allowed me to form some close bonds with people.  Making friends with people right off the bat and staying friends with them throughout the rest of your college experience is something I find to be quite rare, but I kept a truly tight-knit group my first year (amongst other friends and acquaintances, that is) and they're like my extended family at my home not-so-far-away from home.  And they're a fucking riot.

That isn't to say I don't love my friends from home, though.  There has been a noticeable shift from who I hung out with last year to who I hung out with this year.  Truth be told, they're lots of my good friends from high school but also a lot of new people I met through these people.  I hate when you meet someone such and such years after the fact and you can't help but think about all the wasted time you could've spent being really good friends.  Whatever, make do with what you have and try not to waste moving forward into the future?  Good thing a lot of my friends are close to home, otherwise I'd be really REALLY depressed going back to school.  And, two more (my best friend Willa and a newer friend David) are coming back with me to NYU!  Make new friends, keep the old.... but they're all golden to me.

I also had a lot of fun babysitting my baby twin cousins this summer, and it really pains me to go back to school knowing I won't be seeing them every other day.  I'm actually startin to get tears in my eyes just thinking about it... they bring such joy to my days with simply existing and not having that constant is going to be so weird.  Even since May, they've both grown so much (both were crawling at the beginning of the summer, and now they're running like champs!).  My aunts really didn't need me in addition to Keyri, who is a family friend and who also babysat, but they let me come anyway and basically gave me a job for summer.  We did some really fun things too, whether it was just playing in their backyard or going to the park, or a full-day journey going to camp with them or the Long Island Children's Museum.  Jordan and Spencer are such amazing kids, I really feel like my entire family is so blessed to have them be these newish parts of our lives.  And I really truly hope I can always be there for them.  Keyri was also such a sweetheart and I really enjoyed babysitting with her.  We got very close over the summer, shared lots of stories and had good laughs and I hope we keep in touch, even hang out a few times.  I truly consider her a friend.

So as a thank you gift for babysitting the twins all summer, my aunts bought me tickets to see Daniel Radcliffe in Equus on Broadway next month. And the tickets are ON THE STAGE. I started crying uncontrollably when I found out, not only cause I've been a fan of his since I'm in middle school (not to mention was set on marrying him at the mere age of eleven), but it's probably one of the best gifts I've ever received. Truly from the heart, and I know a lot of thought went into it. They honestly didn't even need to get me anything because they've been paying me each week, but they went and did that for me and I'm just like.... beyond grateful. I don't know. It's going to be surreal, to say the least.

On a similar train of thought: Can I believe they are pushing back the release date of Half-Blood Prince to July 2009?  Well, yes... I can believe it because Warner Bros. are money hungry and cannot possibly deal with the fact that DanRad would be asked questions about being naked on stage while doing press circuits for the latest installment.  But it still pisses me off.  Boo, Warner Bros.

Okay, I think I've satisfyingly put a good amount of mush as well as regular day bullcrap in here to satiate the emptiness of posting from the past few weeks, but there will probably be tons more in here soon!  I'm moving into my new dorm in exactly a week.... and then the shenanigans begin.  But srsly, they do.

No comments: