So I am back at NYU and loving it. I'm finally taking a shitload of classes that I actually want to be in this semester, thus making my work actually... kind of bearable? It's still a lot of reading and writing, mind you, but I don't mind as much when it's about communication or poetry as opposed to, for instance, The Wealth of Nations. My only complaint is that I basically go all day today from 9:30am -5:20pm, with an hour break. And my classes are on every corner of the campus, so I'm basically running back and forth with barely any time to take a breather. At least I get a break during my Printmaking class, during which time it is vital to get coffee and a delicious green tea cream puff from the Japanese bakery on Stuyvesant.
Some highlights of the past few weeks to mention:
• SEEING EQUUS. Sorry, it has to be first. My aunt bought tickets for me and a friend and they were right over the stage, watching everything happen closer than anyone else... and seeing Daniel Radcliffe's dick closer than anyone else. Albeit it's small, it's still a pretty nice dick. The storyline itself was heartbreaking and I just loved everything about the play, definitely want to see it again. MUST go back to get my playbill signed!!
• LISA LAMPANELLI: Was the same night as Equus was, and she was sooo fucking hilarious in every single way. I envy her ability to say whatever the hell she wants while getting away with it. It was at Radio City Music Hall and was my first time there since I'm a little girl and saw the Christmas Spectacular or whatever... the inside is fucking gorgeous. We got drinks that came with glowing stirrers. Oh my A.D.D., how did they know?
• CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS: Ok, so I've only really seen Christian Siriano at the last night of Stolen Transmission at Hanger Bar, but David saw James Franco at Starbucks and took a pic on his Blackberry to send me (two days later, J.F. recognized him outside of the Tisch building and nodded his way. Jealous doesn't even cover half of it)
• SPACED: So Spaced was a TV show that aired from 1999-2001 in the UK and was the first really big collaborative project between Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes and Edgar Wright. I'd seen some clips online (as is necessary being a Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright fanatic) and have always wanted to watch it, but unfortunately DVDs were only available in the UK. That is, until this summer! They put the entire series together plus a bunch of awesome bonus features and extra reels and commentaries on DVD for Region 1 (U.S. and Canada) this past July, and I finally purchased it upon arriving to school. CAN YOU SAY UH-MAYYY-ZING (in a Danny Butterman voice, of course). It's captured my heart, really and truly. Just....gah. MINDBLOWING.
• SILENT HILL: At the risk of this post getting any geekier, this will be my last media-related bullet point. Silent Hill is by far the creepiest game I've ever seen anyone play. We've all been watching our friend Chloe play as a source of amusement, and a source of shock for some of us.. it's mindboggling and terrifying. Horrible, destructive alternate reality. I couldn't explain if I tried.
And now I must run off to my Intro to Human Communication and Culture class... and possibly come back and edit this later. I'll probably write another separate blog entirely later since I'm leaving so much out....... BAAAAAAAAAH

No comments:
Post a Comment