There is a homeless man who lives near this magazine/cigarette stand on Broadway around 9th street, and I am always in a rush on the way to class whenever I pass. But the last few times I've been past him, I've noticed that he is always talking to someone, and they range from all walks of life. I guess I noticed since it's a little unusual to see him ALWAYS speaking with someone. He's a little older and has gray, frazzled hair. So curiously, as I was passing him today, I took a glance at his sign. Immediately, I understood why he was so popular: it says, "VOLDEMORT BROKE MY WAND - NEED $$$ FOR NEW ONE" ....AMAZING.
What a crazy fucking day! It started with me waking up at 9:30am and trying to fall back asleep but waking up every 20 minutes thinking it was time for me to get ready. This involved some weird dreams, one of which I had Leopard installed on my Macbook and some creepo tried to randomly iChat video me. My classes were okay... I actually understood what my Conwest professor was talking about, and might've even found it a little interesting. Then was my lunch break and I ate some Whole Foods sushi. Spanish class was next and I took a quiz (which I got 10/10 on, sweeeet). Walked back to the dorm with Sarah and some dude on a bike screamed at me "MOVE!!!!" in front of a huge crowd, even though we had right of way. I've never been publicly verbally assaulted like that before.
It was my dad's 55th birthday today and since he had to bring me a camcorder for one of my classes, I asked if he wanted to do dinner. He came down to Union Square around 6:30, there was some drama with my sister and her coming, but it ended up just being us two. We went to a fancy shmancy place on 9th Ave called Old Homestead Steakhouse, apparently it's the oldest steakhouse in NYC. Pretty cool. The food was excellent and the service too, as I'd hope for the money it cost!! But it was nice and I never get to eat nice dinners like that. It made me really happy to make my dad so happy too. Apparently he is a Dirty Sexy Money fan.... Pops is so down with it, yo!
So tomorrow my roomie's mom is coming to NYC to visit, and I found out a few days ago that it's to stay with US. In our dorm. I guess Tals has every right to invite her mom to come since she does live here and 1/4 of the apartment is essentially hers, but it was out of the blue and she didn't really ask us first. I'm excited to meet her but it will just be super weird having her staying in our apartment with us.... like SUPER weird. I'm not used to spending that much time with anyone's mother!
And to my uttermost joy, House is back on. Wilson in a reindeer hat just does funny things to me.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment