My grandma on my dad's side passed away last weekend. I was never as close with her as I am with G, my mom's mom and the epitome of my fave person on the planet ever. The saddest part for me was seeing my dad upset and crying. Her funeral was very intimate, was short and sweet and right at the burial site. I hugged my aunt and uncle for my dad even though I didn't want to. My grandma was never the same after my grandpa died, so now they can be happy together wherever they are in the afterlife.
On to less depressing and spiritual things... I bought myself an acoustic guitar yesterday! It's a beautiful Ibanez and I've decided to call it Machiavelli, just because he was always a kickass guy to me and I think his motto goes well with the process of learning to play an instrument: "The end justifies the means." Machiavelli cost me $240, plus an extra hundred for all the proper accessories and taxes. I need to buy a capo so I can play some songs on a higher scale, but that can wait I suppose. I've taught myself the chords to "Anyone Else But You" by The Moldy Peaches. Imma get good, just you wait n' see.
My suitemates and I decided this weekend we're going to have a little get together at our dorm called CEOs and Office Hos (title copyright Sarah Gehle 2008). Basically, we're going to dress up and dress down at the same time and combine the 9-5 dress code with a little nightlife sexy. I'm such a cornball honestly, I love themed parties and all that jazz. This may require a sexy new bra from Victoria's Secret, but I won't get ahead of myself.
But talk about a dream, I saw the Spice Girls on Wednesday night. Fucking unreal!! 8 year old me would've cried and then shit herself. I almost did as 19 year old me. It just upsets me that there were like...12 year old girls there who were probably 2 or 3 when the Spice Girls hit their prime. I bet they don't even remember the pain of when Ginger left....I do...she was my favorite.
Going to try to go to an advance screening of Run Fatboy Run tomorrow night at AMC Lincoln Center. A girl on my floor saw Simon Pegg two days ago at Chelsea Market and they talked on line. I've had some negative luck the past few days, let's hope it goes my way starting tomorrow!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your grandmother died asking for you and your sister and neither one of you could find even five minutes in your schedule to see her. That is a guilt you will live with the rest of your life.
Post a Comment