Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And Dylan Moran's ass.

Last night was the free screening of Run, Fatboy, Run. I know it was released in the UK last year but they keep pushing it back here and thus the anticipation had been building. And I'm not going to lie...being an avid fan of Simon Pegg and all that he's previously done, I was kind of disappointed to see him in a cliché romantic comedy. There were some funny moments and I still find Simon devilishly handsome with that belly. But, the script was written by Michael Ian Black and Simon Pegg, and knowing THAT whilst seeing it pan out to be an unbelievable disaster (and hitting the bar way lower than either of their standards) was too much for me. Would I recommend seeing it? I suppose... I just know I'm not liking the mainstream direction that Pegg and his bunch are headed in (I'm dreading seeing him on screen with Kirsten Dunst). And David Schwimmer, who directed, pulled a Hitchcock towards the end of the film and handed Simon a beer. Go back to studying dinosaur bones, Ross Geller!

No comments: