What a tiring day! I woke up after only 6 hours of sleep and went down to Washington Square Park to see this Korean drumming performance. I didn't even know we had a Korean drumming club here at NYU, but apparently we do and they are called Rhythmic Impulse... my friend Esther does it at Stony Brook so she has been to a couple of the NYU kids' practices. It was so much fun!! I even danced with them but unfortunately no one except these guys with professional cameras got pics, but you'll have to take my word for it.
Although during the performance, some sketch guy who was doped out on drugs of some sort tried to snatch my phone. I was looking for it and I guess I didn't realize I'd put it by where I was sitting, but this dude in a neon green tshirt sat down next to me. I didn't notice but this woman came over to me and said, "You should probably move, that guy just tried to grab your phone and he keeps inching towards you." WTF. We promptly moved to the other side of the performance, and he went over to a picnic table and sat there curled in the fetal position all throughout the rest of the show.
There was also this little festival / flea market type dealio down on west 4th so we checked that out too. I got a cute new houndstooth scarf for $10, and we both got chocolate covered strawberries mmm. There was so much other stuff I wanted to buy but I am running tres low on cash, especially after going out last night.
Then I went to Times Square and ate at Dallas BBQ with Clara. That place is kind of too fattening for words, but I guess if I go once a year then that's alright. We caught up a lot, which made me happy since I missed hanging out with her a lot. Times Square was a fucking trainwreck though, the nice weather is drawing everyone out of their houses like mosquitos. There were serious gridlocks of people, and I was very relieved to get on the subway and come back home.
So speaking of last night, it was my friend Alex's get together birthday thing at Proof. Proof is this bar/lounge on 3rd ave a few blocks up that is shutting down, and it was fucking PACKED last night. Kinda sketch, but whatever. Drinks were hella expensive too, and in my drunken mind I decided to pay for a round of Tequila Sunrises for me and 3 friends....whoops. Luckily I am going home next weekend and can obtain funding for the next three weeks left of school...and how I cannot WAIT for them to be over.
I'm just so exhausted, I wanted to go out and continue my day of fun but I may just sit at home for the next few hours and watch The Office before promptly passing out. I took two videos of this random guy who got up and started dancing in the middle of the drum performance, before they started pulling people into dance, and it's just too funny not to post once I upload them to youtube.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment