Friday, March 14, 2008

I don't want to go to my video art class at 2pm but it seems like fair compensation for skipping my Conwest recitation earlier today. And at least my video art professor is kickass and not a cunt like my Conwest TA.

Just now I decided that I'm not cleaning our apartment before I go home for spring break. I know I'll be the one who ends up cleaning it since my roommates fucking suck and are disgusting pigs but if they don't care enough to put in the effort before we are gone for a week, then I'm not going to either. So there.

Speaking of roommates, I had a very awkward encounter with suitemate V this morning. I woke up to take a shower and get ready for my film recitation, and the bathroom door was slightly ajar so I thought I'd knock to be safe. No response, so I open the door....and she was standing there fully nude. Of course I apologized profusely, but why would you leave the door open AND not answer me if you're not wearing any clothes??! Needless to say, I didn't get to shower since she didn't get out until 10 minutes before I had to leave.

Pinkberry is delicious. The new one on St. Marks opened yesterday so Alex and I went down. He didn't enjoy it as much but it was his first time, so he'll be craving it like crack in a week accordingly. They probably make it with crack to be honest.

Oh and on the topic of food, last night I went to one of those chicken vendors outside of Palladium, the dorm down the street from mine, to get a really late dinner while working on a paper. It was the first time I've had chicken in a month so I was excited, and then I ask one of the Indian guys working there to put the white yogurty sauce on it that tastes really good. And you know what he says to me?

"Sure, some white sauce for the white girl.... get it? White because you are white skin!"

WHAT THE FUCK. I don't understand how someone could even have the audacity to say something like that in this day and age. I would never say something like that to anyone, no matter who they were or what color their skin was. And to a complete stranger who is buying food from you??? UGH, RACISM SUCKS. PERIOD.

No comments: