Monday, March 17, 2008

YAY SUPERFICIAL SHOPPING POSTS.

I think I may actually go to bed before 11pm tonight... my friend Willa just videochatted me and I was like a fucking zombie. She kept asking me questions and I was giving her answers that didn't even correspond to the topic. Such is the life after staying up until 4am the night before smoking hookah and watching Mean Girls.

Today Clara and I went on a much needed shopping spree, on my part anyway. Shopping is such a bipolar area for me. My parents buy me all of my clothing for the most part, especially now that I have my own credit card. But the Jew in me always creeps out from the back of my mind and self-criticizes for spending so much money. How much is too much on clothing, really? I don't go shopping in fancy department stores or boutiques, H&M is my favorite store and they're relatively cheap. Though I also love American Apparel as of recent, especially with one so close to school in the city.

Anyway, I got a really cute springy dress in Urban Outfitters that is so not like what else I usually wear but i LOVE it. Plus I sometimes have a difficult time with Urban since they only go up to size L and I am not the skinniest girl in the world.... but this dress was surprisingly perfect in that aspect, too. Here is a picture, since words can only describe how I adore it to a certain extent..



I also bought a pair of flats, flip-flops, a scarfy bandana thing, a Union Jack tshirt, cute foliage earrings, some shirts from H&M, leggings, and a refill of some MAC eyeshadow that was running low. Overall, I would say it was an EXTREMELY successful shopping day! It also included some green tea ice cream, which is always a plus.

What I still need: A black fitted skirt, a black shirt with drapey sleeves for SX5, more leggings.

I also need to lose some fucking weight. Back to strict Slim Fast as soon as I wake up tomorrow, since I got disgustingly more heavy at school.... UGGHUGHUGUHGUHUGH.

To address in the next blog:
- How amazing the rest of my spring break is, once this has actually happened
- The excellence that is British Sea Power
- Learning guitar and eventually writing my own music.
- Other shenanigans, I'm sure.

No comments: